PRACTICE AREAS: Bankruptcy, Business Law, Employment Law, Estate Planning, Immigration, Land Use, Litigation, Probate, Real Estate, Tax
After serving five years in the US Army Judge Advocate General Corps, Chuck and his family relocated from the East Coast to make Tacoma their home.
Chuck joined Morton McGoldrick, (then Bonneville, Viert, Morton and McGoldrick) in 1978. As a new lawyer, Chuck’s practice encompassed all areas of general practice, including representing Sound Credit Union (still a valued client) and other local and regional credit unions. However, it was not long before Chuck earned the respect of his peers and the Pierce County judges for his meticulous and aggressive representation of his clients in all areas of family law. As a result, since 1990 Chuck’s practice has primarily emphasized family law and he is now recognized as one of the preeminent family law attorneys, with a special knowledge of the application of military law in family law cases.
Chuck attended Gove City College and graduated cum laude with a B.A. in 1970. He then attended Dickinson School of Law, receiving his J.D. in 1973.
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
As an expert in family law issues, Chuck has frequently been requested as a guest speaker for family law seminars, as well as authoring several articles for the Washington State Bar Association. Chuck has been an active participant in the Tacoma Pierce County Bar Association’s pro bono/legal support programs, has volunteered his time working for the Pierce County judicial committees on various changes to the local family court rules and is a past president of Sunrise Rotary.
- Current Board member, New Phoebe House Association
- Speaker, Family Law Topics, Seattle-King County and Tacoma-Pierce County Bar Associations
- Member, Tacoma-Pierce County Bar Association
- Member, Washington State Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association
- LTC, JAGC, U.S. Army Reserves (Retired)
- Author, “Mortgage Foreclosures,” Washington Practice Series 1988
- Author, “Government Funding of Defense Investigations,” The Advocate published by Army Defense Appellate Division, Vol. 10, No. 2, March-April, 1978
- Omicron Delta Kappa
- Pi Gamma Mu
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- Washington (1977)
- Pennsylvania (1973)
- U.S. Court of Military Appeals (1973)
In re Marriage of Lemke, 120 Wn. App. 536, 540, 85 P.3d 966 (2004)